Conference Subsidy Program
Conference Subsidy Program
The Verein promotes an international presence of young scientists with a subsidy of 500 € for presentations at prestigious international conferences.
The lecture subsidies are financed by donations provided by the Deutsche Bundesbank, the Österreichische Nationalbank and the Schweizerische Nationalbank.
The lecture subsidies are allocated once a year, always in November, and a commitment for a subsidy is not possible before that date. To be eligible to receive a subsidy, you must meet the following conditions:
1. You must fulfill the eligibility requirements listed below
2. You must submit an application.
3. Your application must be approved.
1. Eligibility for subsidies
To be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
1. The applicant is a member of the Verein für Socialpolitik and participates in the Direct Debit Scheme or has already paid the membership fee for the year.
2. The applicant meets the requirements to pay the reduced fee.
3. The program is for members of the Verein für Socialpolitik that work or are enrolled at an academic institution in Germany, Austria or Switzerland as a doctoral student, a post doc or pursue a habilitation.
4. A lecture was given this year at an international conference.
5. In the current year, the applicant has not received any other lecture subsidy from the Verein für Socialpolitik yet.
6. One author can receive funds only once for the presentation of a paper. If the same author presents another paper, this paper presentation is separately eligible for funding, if the presentation does not take place at the same conference. Presentations of the same paper by a co-author are also separately eligible for funding.
2. Application Procedure
The complete application for a lecture subsidy is to be received in the office of the Verein für Socialpolitik up to the 31st of October of the year in which the lecture is held. The decisive factor here is the date of receipt of the completed application. However, if the conference will take place after October 31st, the application may be submitted in the following year.
In order for the application to be processed, the following documentation must be complete and submitted together:
1. The completed application form;
2. The complete script of the proposed presentation; and
3. A confirmation that the lecture was actually held.
The application form for the Conference Subsidy Program 2016 will be available soon.
Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
3. Approval Process
The following conferences were supported in 2016:
◾Academy of Management - Annual Meeting
◾American Economic Association - Annual Meeting
◾American Finance Association - Annual Meeting
◾Econometric Society - European Winter and Summer Meetings
◾Econometric Society - North American Winter and Summer Meetings
◾European Academy of Management - Annual Meeting
◾European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists - Annual Meeting
◾European Association of Labor Economists - Annual Meeting
◾European Association of Research in Industrial Economics - Annual Meeting
◾European Economic Association - Annual Meeting
◾European Finance Association - Annual Meeting
◾European Public Choice Society - Annual Meeting
◾European Society for Population Economics - Annual Meeting
◾International Institute of Public Finance - Annual Meeting
◾NBER Summer Institute
◾Royal Economic Society - Annual Meeting
◾Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory - Annual Conference
◾Society for Economic Dynamics - Annual Meeting
◾Society of Labor Economics - World Conference
In those years when the World Congress of the Econometric Society takes place (every five years, 2020 the next time), presentations there can be funded as well.
If insufficient funding is available for all applicants, the beneficiaries of the subsidy will be decided by a lottery.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org